Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Run this B@%$*

On Sunday, April 26, I ran my first (of many) half marathon- The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon to be exact. It was a lot harder than I expected especially since I had been training since January. There were many miles, mostly the ones up hill, that were tougher than others. It was the people on the side of the road with their encouraging words and signs that really helped me to get through and uphill. There are a few signs that have stuck out in my mind and I just have to share them with you.

Words of Encouragement:
“Release your inner Kenyan.”
“Running is a mental sport…and I think you are all insane.”
“Run this B@%$*” – this I must admit was my favorite sign

Up Next: My running partner (Diana) and I are starting to train for the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington DC on October 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment