Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Meet Jim

I would like to introduce Jim Pinkerman. Jim is Deana’s (one of my besties) step-dad and my Honored Hero.

Through Team In Training (TNT), we are able to select an Honored Hero who inspires us through their determination and strength. I had the pleasure to meet Jim and spend a long weekend with him and his family this past spring at Deana’s wedding in the Florida Keys.

Jim’s Story
Eight-years ago Jim received blood test results indicating he had high protein levels. Through a series of tests Jim found out he was at high risk for myeloma cancer. During the next 8 years, Jim’s protein levels stayed the same (higher than a normal person but lower than having myeloma.) Then over the last year his protein levels started to increase. A few weeks after Deana’s wedding Jim received the news from his doctor that his protein levels had increased to the point he was no longer at high risk of myeloma cancer. He had full-blown myeloma. While this news definitely rocked his world, Jim didn’t let it knock him out. Jim is currently undergoing treatment and is doing great. After his first cycle of treatment his IGG levels have dropped from 4905 to 2372. Way to GO Jim!!

Jim’s charisma and love of life is contagious. I am privileged to have Jim as my Honored Hero. On December 5, I will be running 26.2 miles in honor of Jim.

If you would like to show your support please visit my TNT website.

No comments:

Post a Comment