Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pancakes

I think I should give the back details of this story.  When I went to bed on Thursday night my knee was killing and wasn't feeling any better when I woke up on Friday.  After spontaneously  bursting into tears 3 times on Friday (my sincere apologize to Kathryn, Lisa and Jolie who all had to witness this act of spontaneity.) I was able to get into the doctor on Friday and the doctor told me it was my IT Band (see previous post on my thoughts about my IT Band.) The doctor said I would be totally fine to run the Hills, Heels and Him half marathon on Sunday.

This morning Diana, Nicole and I set off for the Hills, Heels and Him Half Marathon.  We were off to a great start and I was feeling great. I was going good and then it hit...the twinge, the feeling of an ice pick being stabbed into the side of my knee. So, I had to walk...I felt defeated by my knee. After biting my cheek to keep from crying I decided I had to make the best of the last three miles and I was going to walk with a purpose.  I was rounding the last corner, I had less than a mile and there he was... This kid was standing there and he was suppose to be giving words of encouragement and you know what he tells me? "They don't give pancakes to the people who walk." REALLY?! That kid better hope I never run into him or I will smack him. Needless to say, I did get my medal and a breakfast taco (I didn't want pancakes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment