Monday, September 6, 2010

Running is a Labor of Love

As I continue to train for my first full marathon I begin to realize that running isn’t any easy sport.  It isn’t about how fast you can run a mile, but more about if your body can hold up the many many miles you are putting on it. This morning Diana and I ran probably the hardest 10k we have ever run to date.  We needed to get in a solid 12 miles so we started a little after 6 a.m. to get in the first 6 miles. We ended up cutting our first 6 miles short to 5 miles and I am SO thankful that we did.  The Labor of Love 10k started at the Stonebridge Beach Club and weaved through the McKinney Mountains.  Yes, McKinney Texas has a “mountain” range…or at least that is what it felt like. We ran up and up and up and I know you what you’re thinking, “what goes up must come down.” WRONG!  I don’t think we ever ran down we just ran up.  I was so glad to run across the finish line, which coincidentally was down hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment